AKVA group is the world's largest supplier of solutions and services to global aquaculture. Driven by passion, commitment and a deep understanding of the complexity in our industry, we can solve the most advanced challenges at sea and on land, and contribute in making aquaculture more sustainable. The will to pioneer a better future has been the driving force for AKVA group since the birth in Norway over 40 years ago. Today we are present in all the world's markets with offices in 11 countries.
Do you have a strong academic background and commercial interest or experience? And would you like to contribute to the development of land based fish farming solutions globally? Then we hope you will continue to read and send us an application to explore more.
Background and purpose of the role
The development of land based fish farming is important to meet the growing market demand for salmon in a sustainable manner. AKVA group is the world’s leading supplier of land based solutions and to support the continued growth we are now strengthening our RnD team with a evidence based and structured RnD Project Manager.
Main responsibilities as a RnD Project Manager are to run development projects, and support with technical expertise where applicable. You will report directly to the Engineering and RnD Director – Land Based, and work closely with the RnD team and Product Owners with presence primarily in Norway and Denmark.
Work location will be at our modern head office at Klepp Næringspark, only a short 5-minute walk from Øksnevadporten train station, with parking for everyone, and brand-new gym/shower facilities.
- Project management of RnD projects according to current processes
- Contribute with professional competence in the implementation of RnD projects
- Collaborate with relevant product owners and other internal stakeholders, both in land based and other business areas
- Collaborate with subcontractors
- Contribute to continuous evaluation and improvement of organization and work processes
- MSc in relevant subject area (mechanics, machinery, construction, marine engineering, physics or similar)
- Relevant working experience. Experience from commercial research and development is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of development processes and tools
- Strong English language skills are required, both verbally and written
- Structured and organized; you can prioritize, make plans, and are committed to deliver results on time, cost, and quality
- Takes initiative and can work independently, with documented results
- Evidence-based mindset and working methodology, with strong technical interest
- Hands-on, with a practical and commercial approach to problem solving and development
- Good collaboration skills
Values and opportunities
In this role we can offer a job in a global and ambitious company, where we strive to produce and deliver excellent aquaculture systems with optimal water quality conditions needed in land based fish farming. You will be part of a team of enthusiastic and dedicated people and have a broad interface with many stakeholders. The industry and job have many exiting challenges to solve, where you will get opportunities for both professional and personal development.
Our vision is “Pioneering a better future” and our values are CARE. CARE stands for: Customer Focus, Aquaculture Knowledge, Reliability and Enthusiasm. These are our common expectations for all employees, and hopefully values that you can identify yourself with.
We value our employees and their diversity, culture, and background, and we work together to provide the best work environment on a global level. We have social clubs, summer and winter gatherings and employee organized trips and events.
Applications will be handled on an on-going basis / Søknader behandles fortløpende!